Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Phone Master!


Beautiful Italy 
A street in Catignano


Spicq and I!
Birthday girl with the best sweets ever
Okay I don't have much time today (because we're going to a castle with the elders whoo!) and my thoughts are all over the place...so we'll see how this letter turns out! Aw my cousin Todd is in Africa now? There are SO many Africans here and they are the nicest people and have such great faith! So excited for him! Congrats on your new job! I hope you like it!! And my poor parents...almost empty nesters now!
 
Okay this week has been great! First off, I am the phone master. My first transfer I never talked on the phone...because well I couldn't understand anything and I couldn't talk very fast. But now Sorella Spicq has decided that I am ready to talk on the phone and she has given me full responsibility. I am totally fine with talking to people and making conversations, but on the phone I can't see the Italians (the language is very expressive so even if I can't understand everything sometimes I can still understand by the expressions) and it's usually important information that you don't want to miss. I was scared at first, but now I am fine. So this just shows that my language is coming along--I can understand and speak at a normal pace! Whoo!
 
Well our investigator Elena finally came back from her vacation and we had a great lesson with her!! We talked about the Restoration again and she was saying all this all makes sense. She has always felt like the Catholic church has been corrupted and so she joined the Baptist church but she was saying how she cant feel the spirit when she goes to church and doesn't listen to anyone. Haha and there's the problem about other churches! Anyway we're really excited for her and we have so much hope. She does smoke though and really wants to stop--so next week we're starting her on the church's program to quite smoking. Kind of funny that I will helping someone quite smoking! Oh well Elena is so great!
 
Okay so this week I pulled out my "Hey can you hear me" device and decided to use it on my companions. I wanted to be nice about it and make sure it doesn't interfere with our schedule or sleep so we had a day where we would be at the apartment for a few hours--perfect opportunity. I turned it on, nobody heard it, and then I completely forgot about it. So the next day during morning study we suddenly hear the sisters freaking out and run out saying that there's a voice. Sorella Spicq and I went in and waited until we heard it. Then Sorella Patterson said, "you guys can hear it too?!? I'm not crazy!?!?!" Then she told us how she couldn't sleep at all the night before because she kept hearing this man's voice saying "hey can you hear me?". She didn't want to wake us up or think she was crazy so she didn't tell us and just laid in her bed, scared to death all night. She thought she suddenly got under a lot of stress from missionary work and went crazy. At this point I felt so bad that I kept the poor new girl up all night that I had to confess that it was me and just a little voice box. She wasn't mad at all, just grateful she wasn't mad or haunted. So that's my story about how awful I am. Although now I can't help, but laugh at it! Also yesterday was Sorella Mistura's Birthday and she thought it was so funny and was laughing all day long--so at least I made some one's day.
Till next week--Love Sorella Knudsen!


No comments:

Post a Comment