Monday, March 31, 2014

ANDREA SI E BATTEZZATO!

OMG I can't believe my little Kelsey is going on a MISSION!!!! I am so happy for her, but so sad that I might not get to see her...get her to put her date wayyyyy late :))! KEEP ME UPDATED.
Okay first off...I'M STAYING IN SASSARI WTIH PATTERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy!!! This will now be my fourth transfer and I'm scared it might be my last in Sassari, but I am so grateful to have another chance here! 

Pants from Pakistan from my investigator!
          
Primary activity--being a missionary
                               


The beginning of the week started kind of hard...I was just so exhausted! Spiritually and physically! Everyone here has been getting sick and my body just felt so tired and then I lost a little bit of motivation to work and then I felt awful because of that and all this stuff. So I asked one of the Elders to give me a blessing and then everything was great and I've gotten more energy and excitement since then!


Elders with Andrea
Baptism of Andrea

Also........ANDREA SI E BATTEZZATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was one of my favorite days in all my mission! His baptism was so special! Okay so first Saturday morning came around and his mom called him and said how if he got baptized, she would disown him and never let him see his little brother again (he LOVES his little brother). It just broke my heart that his mom did that, and it was so hard for Andrea, but he decided to get baptized anyway! The spirit was so strong there—everyone could feel it and everyone was crying during the whole thing. I was just so happy! I couldn't stop smiling and laughing the whole time! Anziano Juhas baptized him and he came up saying “UN BEL BELLO!” which doesn't translate to English but basically means BEAUTIFUL! Then after he gave a testimony and it was the sweetest thing ever. He talked about everything he felt, how grateful he was, and then he asked if he could say a prayer to bless everyone who is against him getting baptized. Ah it was so sweet! And on Sunday he got confirmed and now he's the best member you have ever met! He has given up so much for this because he knows it's true! And now he's preparing to go on a mission! What a champ.
His baptism was also great, because we made great success with our investigators! We had four investigators and one great contact (who is becoming an investigator this week hopefully!) come, feel the spirit, cry, and love it! Sandra is still making great progress! We taught her two times this week and her testimony of the church is growing and growing and she's been telling everyone about our church! I heard her talk with two members yesterday and she said that she can't get baptized yet because she still smokes and she's not clean yet. She totally wants to become a member! She just needs to stop smoking!
Also, Antonella came!! Okay back story...so Antonella has been an investigator for 6 months now and she has never come to church and hasn't progressed too much. I was actually thinking of dropping her when this week we decided to teach the restoration again; we've taught it like five times...but we taught it anyway...and this time she understood it all!! She got what it all meant and she asked how she could get an answer and all these things. It was a great lesson! And the next day we called and she yelled at us saying she prayed and got an answer that the Bible is enough and they we don't need the BOM. I was able to talk to her a bit and she accepted to pray. Then the biggest miracle happened and she accepted to come to Andrea's baptism...and she CAME! She was an investigator many years ago and when she came to our church, she didn't feel the spirit so she hasn't wanted to come back yet. I think she needed her first experience to be the baptism because the spirit was seriously SO strong and she couldn't even deny how much she liked it! She really liked the baptism! Although she didn't come to church again...but we visited her after church and she finally opened up to us and told us all about her life and why she's the way she is. She has gone through so much in her life and we just testified of the atonement and promised she can heal from all these suffereings. It was so great.
Daniella and I
Sorella Rost and I
And I'll leave you with a funny note...so there are two awesome, great men in our ward who are not married and part of our goals is to find them a wife. One of them is President Moro of our branch and on Friday night he came over and gave us all this fruit and we asked if there was anything we could do for him and he said to find him a wife. So...the next day here we got with Antonella....hehe... I introduced them to each other. They started talking, flirting, and he gave her a ride home after the baptism! I have never seen Antonella smiling that much before. Hahahahahha! 
Funny group picture
Another group picture.
Oh another thing...last zone conference the zone leaders talked about how we need to “Do whatever you can to get whoever you can to church!!” And this week Sorella Patterson and I have done so much to help our investigators come to church...we have done laundry, baked food, set people up on dates, and this week Sorella Patterson even gave a massage to our investigator! But we've been having great attendance for church—the best I've had in my whole mission...so it is worth it!! Church makes a huge difference!
Love you all!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment