Sunday, May 5, 2013

First Letter from MTC

(This letter was a handwritten letter from the MTC)

Hey Family!
         I'm in the MTC!  So crazy!  It was sad leaving you guys, but they make your schedule so busy that you don't have time t think about home, which I actually think is good.
          First thing I did was drop off my luggage and then went straight to Language Training.  I was the only one in my class/district that knew some of the language before hand and I could understand and communicate with my teacher Sorella Urban.  It felt so great to be able to understand while everyone else was wondering how they would ever understand!  I love Language Training and i am so excited to learn more!

My Austrailian Companion
Sorella Perkins and I

         I also met my companion--Sorella Perkins!  She is recently from Colorado, but originally from Australia !!  She is the best!  She's had the greatest Australian accent and says things like "Where's the rubbish bin?"  Most of her family is inactive and she came on a mission for the sole purpose to bless them.  I'm so grateful that she is my companion--we're already best friends!  The great part of our companionship is that even though we have differences--we both have the same goal:  to be the best missionaries we can.  We are able to push and encourage each other to work hard and so far we have learned so much!  Sorella Perkins is also into being very healthy so there's no way we're gaining weight here!  I just love my first companion!
          The Elders here are babies---they look so young!  I'm starting to get to know the Elders in my district though and I'm starting to respect them more (at first Sorella Perkins and I would just laugh at them all the time).  I really like the other Sorelle in my room, we all get along great and they have crazy life stories (one of the girls has lived on an Indian Reservation all her life!)
        Anyway I am running out of time but I just wanted to let you know that I'm okay--I'm actually loving it here!  Wish I could say that I'm missing you guys, but...hahaha jk.  But seriously, they don't give you time to miss home.  I have a ton more to say, but I need to turn this letter in soon so just look forward to my email on Wednesday!
         I won't be able to come to Granny's funeral, but I hope everything works our and give everyone my love!   Love you guys so much!!! Missing you guys a ton!!!But I am so happy to be here and I know this is where I'm supposed to be!  I can't wait to become a better missionary and serve the people in Italy!


                                                    Love you!
                                                     Sorella Knudsen

No comments:

Post a Comment