Wednesday, May 22, 2013

MTC Life is Great!!!



A clay Kangaroo
My cousin Ashley and I at the temple

My district
Me and my companion Sister Perkins
Ciao! Come va?
This week has been so great! I just love the MTC. It's difficult to sit in a classroom all day, but I'd rather be in that classroom than anywhere else at the moment. My companion has physical therapy twice a week and they told me I could bring workout clothes and workout while I'm there! So guess who just got two extra hours of working out each week! Italian is coming along really well. I'm half way through the MTC now and I feel like I have learned so much--but I still have so much to go. Italian really is not too hard--just takes a ton of memorization and practice. 
 
So as I mentioned in my last letter--we're teaching two "investigators"--Luigi and Angela. I just love these two. Angela is great and very prepared for the gospel. She likes our ideas of prayer, Plan of Salvation, etc. We invited her to be baptized and she said she was already baptized in the Catholic church. We were running out of time so we now get to address that issue tomorrow, but I hope it will go great. She is just a really good person for us to teach and practice our lessons in Italian with. And then there's Luigi...who is...how we say...molto difficile! He is really difficult, but we love teaching him because he makes us think and work hard. We know he can feel the spirit when he's with us, but he has so many questions and worries. The other day we were teaching him and he asked us "Why would Christ die for me? Why can't I die for my own sins?" I was so shocked and thought "Luigi, why the heck would you want to do that?" I think the hardest thing is we'll tell him things and he'll say "That's nice, but I don't know if I believe it." We really love this old man (who is actually Brother Mortensen) and it has taught us how to rely on the spirit, because there's no other way we'll be able to get through to him.  I just love teaching, because I learn and think the most when I'm teaching. For example we were telling Luigi how Christ visited the Americas and it hit me--Wow Christ visited the Americas! How awesome is that? Well wish us luck on getting through to him!
 
Hmm...what else? Lots of things happen here, but I don't know how much everyone cares to hear. Hmm I'll just tell some funny moments I guess: 1. Sofferto means suffered and soffrito means fried. So instead of saying "Christ suffered for our sins", I said "Christ fried for our sins". 2. Oh this is so funny! We were teaching this guy in TLC (where Italian speakers come talk to us for twenty minutes and we teach them a simple message) and we were teaching this guy who just got back from his mission in Milan. Sorella Perkins was talking about distractions and she was saying how she gets distracted all the time. She started naming off some distractions and she said the Elders were one. She meant because they talk so much, but the guy thought she meant they were a distraction because she's attracted to them. Hahaha so funny!! 3. After going to the bathroom my skirt got caught in the back and I didn't notice it until I got back to the classroom. Hahaha the poor Elders in my District! It's fine though. You know...I'm embarrassing haha. 4. One of the girls in my room used to live on an Indian reservation (she is also the biggest redhead which makes it funny). Every night she mediates and does yoga before she goes to bed. Well one night she taught me how to mediate and so now I know how to do Indian mediations. Who knew you could learn that at the MTC? haha!
 
Times gone so Ciao!
 
Love Sorella Knudsen
P.S. tell my cousin Nicole that the Romanians are in my zone! They are some of the greatest people I have met here and I'm excited for Nicole to join them!

No comments:

Post a Comment