Monday, October 13, 2014

AHHH I only have two weeks left!!! I can't believe it!


Zone Conference
This week was great! We spent most of it in Taranto for zone conference. My last zone conference :(. I had to give my death testimony (or departing testimony as Sorella Waddoups calls it). That's where you get up in zone conference and bear your testimony about the things that you've learned on your mission. I was kind of in denial that I had to give it and I procrastinated deciding what I wanted to say until the morning of. But I think it went pretty well. Zone Conference was really good besides that! 

Have I told you that everyone thinks Sorella Hansen and I are twins? We are about the same height, we both have light skin and freckles (hers a bit more than mine) and we both have big, think, curly, reddish hair. When we stop people, they don't only ask if we're sisters...but everyone asks if we're twins! We find it funny. So for zone conference, Sorella Hansen and I decided to match the whole time hahah! We even bought these dresses from a Chinese store that match. It was actually a lot of fun! My mission President and his wife gave us a ride home from zone conference so that was fun spending three hours in the car with them. 

Rodica is doing awesome! She is so prepared and is accepting everything! On Thursday we taught her the plan of salvation with a member named Sorella Spizziri and the spirit was really strong and I feel like she really understood it. She came to church too and on Sunday and loved it! Shes working a lot so she doesn't have a ton of time to read the BOM, but she is really making sacrifices to read it before each lesson. She is just great. She is so getting baptized!
spray painting mostra
spray painting mostra
One of the Elders here is really good at spray painting planets and stars on paper. Missions are all about using your talents so this week we've tried doing a mostra (shows, demonstrations...whatever they're called in English) with it. We find an open area in the city, he sits down and starts painting, crowds start to form as they wonder what he's doing, and then we have all these people wondering who we are to share the gospel with. We've done it two times and it has worked really well and we've gotten some great contacts. It's a great way to get people to stop and listen and then this anziano gave out these paints for free. 
By the Sea

 Sorella Hansen is doing really great! I'm a proud mom! Sometimes she's scared to talk to people or be bold...but she is improving each day! Sometimes I'll be walking along and I'll be like ''wait where did my Sorellina go?'' And then I look behind and she's back there talking to some people. I'm excited for her to get a new companion, she's going to do great without her trainer. 

On Friday we had these two appointments planned, but when we got there...no one was home. Our back up plan also didn't work out so we decided to pray. We knelt down on the ground in the middle of this street, asking where we should go, then we got up, and both started walking down this one street. We started talking to this family when this member family, the Favres, walked by. We asked them where we should go and they told us to go visit their mom. The mom was very catholic, but we shared a nice lesson. Moments like these are probably the best in the mission. My favorite times are when everything goes wrong and you're just wondering what can you do now. Then you pray, follow the spirit, and the Lord leads you to someone who needs it that you never would have thought of. I've really learned that God's plan is perfect. It is amazing how every night I think about what happened each day and I can see how much God has guided us into finding certain people, helping someone, or maybe it's even us that's learning something. I love serving a mission and I am so grateful for the miracles that God shows me everyday!

Playing soccer on P-day
Don't worry, I'm not trucky or sad with coming home. I decided that I was going to be really cool about it and accept everything. I only have two weeks left and I'm going to love them and make the best out of them. Then I will go home and it will be fine. Luckily you guys are coming to get me, otherwise I probably would never get on that plane home. 
Till next week, 
Sorella Knudsen 






No comments:

Post a Comment