Monday, October 20, 2014

Death Letter


Cozenza
This is COSENZA. It is the most beautiful little city.
Cozenza
 Well...this is my last letter home that I will write as a missionary. My eyes might've teared up as I wrote that. I can't believe that my mission is almost over. When I came to Cosenza I decided to keep it a secret that I was almost done and I asked the other missionaries to not tell anyone. Yesterday was my last Sunday in Cosenza and so I had to tell everyone that I was leaving. Although Sorella Hansen and I have only been here a little while, we've made a big effort to befriend the members and get them excited about missionary work. I feel like we've done a lot of good in this time and our ward mission leader told us how we've brought a new excitement to Cosenza about missionary work. Everybody told me how sad they were that I was leaving and how they wish I could've stayed longer here. I would've liked to have more time here too. But it is ok


This is Giandomenico who is one of my favorite people in Italy. He's hilarious and always says ''GRANDE''

This is a fig. It's one of my favorite fruits in the world.








Zuchini flowers. You cover them with batter and fry them up and they're the best thing in the world. My companion thought I was really weird for eating a flower, but then she loved it.
This week has been really great! The sisters from Taranto came down and we had a great scambio. We got 3 new investigators this week! One is this couple that I met last week as I was coming home from zone conference with my mission president. We made a pit stop and ended up talking to this guy who doesn't really believe in God and has never received an answer before. President Waddoups promised him that if he met with us that he would receive an answer. We scheduled an appointment and had this member, Sorella Lopez, take us out to see them. They were very nice, although the lesson was a little interesting. But we shared the restoration and they promised to read the BOM. Speriamo bene

The famous Lopez family and the other missionaries!
 When Sorella Hansen and I first got here, we did a lot of contacting on the street to start us off and we got a lot of contacts and investigators at first. But since then, it hasn't been too successful and I think because God wanted us to try other things. Our ward mission leader decided to get really into missionary work this week and gave us all these contacts and less actives to visit and who to visit them with. We called up everyone and we set up quite a few appointments! He also told us to go through our area book and contact everyone. We did that too and we found a few people who want to meet with us! Also, English course here is HUGE! I don't know where all these people came from, but it's awesome and some of them seem really interested. We've been trying to make friendships and invite as many people as we can to listen to the gospel. We've had some success with this! On Thursday, this lady came in early and our ward mission leader turns to us and says I feel good about her...go get an appointment! We go and talk to her and she seems really awesome and interested! We had a lesson on Saturday with her and she completely understood everything. After we explained the prophets and the apostasy...she said ''We need a new prophet! Do you think God will call another one?'' I just smiled and told her how god already has!

This guy works at this shop under my house. She loves us missionaries and always gives us free food.

We spend last Pday at the beach.
The work is progressing and I am so grateful to be a part of it! I'm happy to be able to leave Cosenza better than I found it and leave Sorella Hansen lots of people to teach! This mission has been the best decision I have ever made. I have learned so much on my mission and I have changed a lot too. I have been blessed to serve in 1 ward and 3 branches. The members and other missionaries that I have met here have changed my life and have taught me so many things by their examples. My companions have been some of my biggest blessings on my mission. They have become my best friends and I have learned so much from each of them. I've learned to LOVE the scripture and love gaining knowledge. I've learned how to apply the atonement so that I can overcome my weaknesses. I've learned to use my talents to bless others and to gain more talents. I've learned to follow God's will for me and always be content with what happens. I've learned to love to obey the commandments. I've learned courage and faith. I've learned to love and serve others. My testimony of the Restoration has strengthened and I know that it is true. And of course, these past 18 months have taught me so much about my Savior and all that he has done for me. I am so grateful for every day on my mission. 

Rodica! She took us into the mountains this week for a picnic.
Well this last week is going to be a busy one. I have a ton of appointments planned, but also I need to find time to pack and write notes to everyone. Ce la faccio! This Saturday I take a train up to Rome and will spend my last weekend up in Rome. Hey do you remember my first companion from the MTC? Sorella Perkins from Australia? Well we haven't seen each other ONCE during our missions--we've always been on the opposite side of the country, but we've stayed in contact--and I get to spend my last weekend as a missionary with her! I am so excited! On Monday I get my last Pday in Rome and then dinner at the mission home.
VI VOGLIO UN MONDO DI BENE!!!!
BACIO BACIO BACIO
SORELLA KNUDSEN
Ciao. Ciao. Ciao. CIAO. ciaociaociao..... ciaociao . ....ciao.....ciao........ciao.
ciao. ciao. ciao.





No comments:

Post a Comment