Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ciao!!

-Thanks for the emails! I especially loved that you told me about all my cousin's missions! It was awesome to see their photos! I especially think about Nicole all the time because there are so many Romanians here!! Will you send me her email? Also--I know her companion!!! She was in the MTC with me!!
-So guess where I am...CAGLIERI!!! Tomorrow is Zone conference and today we have interviews so we got to come down early and spend P-day here! I'm in this cute little Internet cafe that has great music (that we're trying not to listen to haha). Also, sadly there's not our great Library Lady Lucia here, but we knew that we would do Internet on Monday so we stopped by on Friday and she gave us necklaces! So cute! And she told a member that' she's reading the BOM. I have a feeling we're going to get another Lucia! Stay in tune till next week...
-I GOT YOUR PACKAGE! Yay Christmas!!! That would've been awesome to have for Christmas, with the little tree and stocking and chocolate orange (I was so happy for that!) but February is also a great time to have Christmas too hahaha! Thank you so much!!

Scambio. all the great sisters close to me.
-This week the sisters from Caglieri came to do a scambio (exchange) in Sassari with us! It was fun to see other sisters (it's been about two months) and learn how great they are! (fun fact...the closest sisters to me are in the French mission) My good old Italian companion Sorella Mistura and Sorella Rost came! Sorella Rost is the best cook EVER and gave us great cooking lessons. (Like did you know when frying something...you should heat the pan...then the oil...then put in the veggies otherwise the oil just gets soaked in). We had four lessons planned...and then the last minute...all of them cancelled!! But when things like that happen we know that God has another plan in store...Sorella Rost and I were walking the streets of Sassari getting rejected over and over again...then we found this cute little Romanian girl named Laura. We talked about how much God loves us, and prayer, and the restoration and now we have her as a solid investigator! She lives in the sketchiest and dirtiest place, but she's great!
Alleyways
-This week we made progress with Antonella. I've already mentioned her a few weeks ago. But she's this old lady who loves the bible (she has studied with Jehovah Witnesses) and it's been really hard for her to accept the BOM. Mostly because when she read the Bible or the BOM she just opens to a random page and starts reading...but every time she does that with the BOM she gets weird war scriptures. But this week we read Alma 32 about the seed and she loved it! She said that now she really likes the BOM and maybe there's good things in it too. Success!! Also, we borrowed her BOM and marked up scriptures for her to flip to and it has made a huge difference.
-One strength that Sorella Felice and I have for our investigators is tender loving care haha! But really, this week we decorated (so sister missionary) their BOMs and marked up chapter for them to study. It's paying off because more investigators are reading!!
Well got to go! Right now us missionaries in Sassari are making all these plans for activities, member missionaries and meno attivi so get excited to hear about all that!
LOVE YOU ALL!



No comments:

Post a Comment