Monday, February 17, 2014

Sassari sta fiorendo!


A member gave us mushrooms, so I made them! 

my yummy mushrooms
I'm so happy right now. So in Pescara, I had this HUGE love for everyone and the city and everything! But I haven't quite felt that for Sassari yet...I mean I love it here, but I haven't reached that point yet...but then it hit me this week I LOVE Sassari! Let me tell you how great my week was!
 
Okay first we had zone conference and it was awesome and I learned so much!

 

 

 
Oh hey I want to include a cute story about a miracle that my mission has seen! Here's a little email our mission president sent us:
"Our eleven year old granddaughter has leukemia. It was a tough decision to leave her and come to Italy, but President Eyring told us our family would experience miracles as we served. We believed him.
Last week our daughter called and said the doctors were concerned because Emily’s blood count was extremely low and continued to drop. The concern was this could be an indication the cancer was coming back and she might need a bone marrow transplant if it didn’t improve.
We made a decision to call family members and ask them to fast for Emily on Sunday. This is when we asked all of you to include her in your prayers and your fasting.
Three days later Emily went to the hospital for the determining blood test. For this stage of her cancer, the doctors try to keep the ANC count (the ability to fight off infection) at a minimum of 500-1500. The test results were astounding. Her ANC count had jumped from 100 the week before to 4,800--AN ABSOLUTE MIRACLE.
The next day, instead of going to the hospital for a possible bone marrow transplant, Emily got on a bus and went with a group of children her age on a choir tour. She still has about a year of chemotherapy left, but we have faith she will be cured.
We truly know the Lord blessed Emily and we thank each and everyone of you for your prayers and faith. This it truly another Italy Rome Mission miracle. We love you and thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Presidente and Sorella Waddoups"


They told us about her when they first got here and every zone conference they always tell us how she's doing and then last month they asked all of us to fast for her. We are so happy she's doing good! 

Last week in Cagliari we spent our P-day going to this huge lake and seeing Flamingos!  Sardegna is known for them!  


I'm a flamningo.


Sassari sta fiorendo! That's part of the Rome Mission song, but I put in Sassari and it means Sassari is flourishing! And it's true! The Lord is blessing this city so much right now!! When I first got here all Sorella Felice and I did was finding, finding, casa in casa, strada, finding, bleh. But now we are getting new investigators every week, we are finding all these in actives who we can work with, we're meeting with the members and they're trying to bring us their friends, we have a ton of lessons each week, and our investigators are progressing!!! It is so awesome to have so much work! Then transfers came this week...and poor Sorella Felice is out (she is so sad)...and I'm getting...Sorella Patterson! Remember that redhead who was in all my photos in Pescara? Yep, she's my new companion! It's so weird because we already know each other so well, but I then I know she's AWESOME and a great missionary so I'm excited! BUT THEN...President told me he is bringing two new sisters in Sassari!!! One of them is Sorella Rost from Cagliari (who I did a scambio last week with) and a Greenie! Crazy!! So now I need to prepare the apartment and get everything ready! 

We taught Sandra on the beach!
My cute companion who I will miss!

Also, a couple of weeks ago Sorella Felice and I met this guy on the bus named Andrea, but we gave him to the Anziani because he's a guy...but he's getting baptized next month!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday he thanked Sorella Felice and I again and again for finding him! So happy for him!
We had a great lesson with Lucia Farina! We taught the gospel and read 2 Nefi 31 and talked all about baptism. We invited her to be baptized and she said that she already made her choice to belong to the Evangelist church and she's comfortable there. We talked about prayer again and asked if she's been praying... she said yes and then hurried and changed the subject. Here's the thing...and we could be totally wrong on this...but we think that Lucia did pray...and got her answer that everything that we've been saying is true...but she's too scared to act on it and change everything yet. Then I started bearing my testimony and I said “Sono molto benedetta” (I have been blessed) and tears started coming into my eyes because of the spirit...and then Lucia started crying! It was the sweetest moment...all of us sitting in silence while the spirit bore testimony to Lucia of what we've been saying. I have never been so happy to make someone cry before! Hahah! Then...the best thing ever happened...LUCIA CAME TO ALL THREE HOURS OF CHURCH SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has never wanted to come and yet she came! It was a miracle and I am so happy.
Also, the other Lucia...we've been meeting with her a lot this week because she's been having some personal problems and just listening has really helped. She hasn't been able to come to church yet, because her leg was broken...but this week she has been able to walk again...so...SHE AND HER BOYFRIEND CAME TO CHURCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, she and her boyfriend stayed an hour after church talking to everyone and they seemed to have really liked it!!
Then there's Sandra! She's been making progress lately!! We taught her all about the temple and how we do baptisms for the dead and get sealed to our families—she loved it! The spirit was so strong when we talked about it. Her son (who's a member) is preparing to go to the temple and she wants to go with him...but she knows she can't if she's not a member...that really hit her when she saw the temple and realized she couldn't go...so now I just know she's really thinking about baptism, just for the temple. My new plan is to help her stop smoking so she can be all ready when she decides to get baptized. And as always, SHE CAME TO CHURCH TOO!!! 

My 3 investigators that came to church!!! and that guy in the back is the one who gave the talk hahah!
Hey we were way excited about everyone coming to church finally!! Also, all these corso d'inglese students came which was awesome! Sorella Felice had to give a talk and it went great! Then...Okay this is the worst/funniest story ever...so this guy named Matteo (he's 7 feet tall, has this deep voice, and super awkward) well he had to give a talk too. He went up and told how the Madonna is of the devil and how we need to correct Catholics of all their false traditions and just went on and on about how the catholic church is of the devil. We (all of us missionaries) had over 15 CATHOLIC investigators that came. It was so was funny because of how awful it was. Yes we don't believe that the Catholic church is correct, but that doesn't mean everything they do is of the devil. After we had to go talk to all of our investigators and apologize for what he said. Most of them understood, but a few were a little offended.
Anyway this week was awesome! We also got a new investigator (a sister in law of the new investigator last week), we got a member referral (a member threw a Valentine's party all so we could meet her friend who hopefully we can teach soon!), and today a corso d'inglese student wants us to come over and teach her and her friend about our church! Miracles are happening in Sassari!!! I love this city!!! 
Love you all! Sorella Knudsen


No comments:

Post a Comment