Monday, April 14, 2014

Gypsies stole our keys.

Great week! But where do I start? I'll start with the key story before you get too freaked out. So gypsies are really the worst. I love them because they are children of God, but all they want is money from you. You have to be careful with gypsies. And pretty much all Italians HATE them which is kind of sad. Anyway there are some Romanians here that are not full-on gypsies, so we still talk to them, but everyone tells us to be careful.. Well sweet Sorella Udall and Sorella Rost visited some of them in the hospital and this little boy stole Sorella Udall's keys! And they know where we live!! We told the ward about it and they completely freaked out, had us on lock down in our house (to protect everything) and had a member sleep in the church until they could change all the locks. They changed them all the next day and now our apartment and the church is again safe! And that's the last time we are allowed to talk to those people haha. 


 We went to a pizza place and the chiefs were so cute and made our pizzas into hearts. Also, one of them is becoming an investigators for the Elders.  





This week was a little bit sad because none of our investigators could see us and we actually lost a couple of investigators. We got broken up with two times...over text...these people are so pathetic haha. Antonella and Francesca both told us they don't want to change and never to talk to them again. I'm actually okay with it...because we really tried EVERYTHING to get them to progress, but they never did anything by themselves. I think we needed to stop wasting our time with them....and focus on other people who want to change! We didn't have a lot of appointments this week with our investigators so we ended up doing a bit of finding and we have some great potentials that hopefully we will have some appointments with this week! I'm really excited because they are families and they come from member referrals! 
Maria! She bought us these flowers--so nice! Also if you look closely to the back...her walls are covered in catholic photos haha.

Church was really exciting yesterday; we had stake conference and the leaders from Rome came and spoke to us. Also they released our Branch President Moro and called a new Branch President—Gian Luca Murgia! It came as a shock to everyone, but I'm excited for this change. Fratello Murgia is in his 40s I believe and has five little crazy children who run around everywhere. I don't know how he'll have time for anything, but his wife is the coolest lady ever so they're going to do great! Also, the other sisters signed up for a solo in church, then one of them had to go get investigators so Sorella Patterson and I had to sing instead! We are not the greatest singers! And we had no time to practice at all! But I said a little prayer, we went up and sang ''I need thee every hour'' and I think it went okay. Watch out, I might be a singer by the time I come home. 

Porto Torres
Random things: There's this cat that keeps coming on our balcony, but I'm the only one who ever sees it! I see it, yell at everyone to come and see it, and by the time they come...the cat has ran away. So now I'm that crazy missionary who sees cats. I promise you that it exists!! Also, something about Sassari is that there's an ambulance every twenty minutes on the road. I'm not kidding. This city is filled with sick, old, dying people that an ambulance is needed every hour on every street. 

A street sign...only in Italy.
Lately I've really been working on my finding skills. I've learned that you can't really be a good missionary here unless you are good at finding. Our goal is to get at least ten quality conversations with new people everyday and get 3 new investigators every week. Might not seem too hard, but when you have 2-4 appointments everyday , when a lot of people reject you before you can start talking, or when you're tired...it is kind of hard! But we have been promised that if we talk to those 10 people everyday, then all of our numbers will go up. So I am committed. And it has totally worked! The more that I have tried my best to tell ten new people everyday about the gospel—the more that my investigators have been progressing! Those people aren't even correlated, but I know that the Lord is proud of us for talking to so many people that he is blessing us in all phases of the work. So all my studies have become about finding and talking to people so that I can be the best instrument that I can be! 

BUONA SETTIMANA!!!! 
LOVE YOU. Kelsey better be going to Korean on her mission so she'll be in the MTC forever.
Sorella Knudsen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment